CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Assignment 8 : [Louis Riel]


Click HERE to see my teachers site.
Here is where i got my information:
wikipedia**
Canadian Encyclopedia**a>
shsb.mb.ca**

Chongo: Louis Riel, the Métis leader, was born on October 22,1844. To some, he was a hero and is worshipped, but to others, he is a traitor, and a disgrace to Canada. He led two Resistance movements against John A. MacDonald and the Canadian Government. He fought for the Métis rights as changes were being made with confederation happening. A lot of different obstacles happened, and Riel ended up surrendering. His trial started on July 20, and Riel was sentenced to hang on September 18, but the dates kept on changing, and the date he was actually sentenced to die was November 16.
** Louis Arrives**
Chongo: Welcome everyone, today, we have a special guest, his name is Louis Riel!


Louis Riel: Hey everyone!


Chongo: So anyways, can I ask you a few questions ?


Louis Riel: Yes, I would love for everyone to know my side of things.


Chongo: So, many people have mixed emotions about you, some have good feelings and some have bad, what do you think about the people who judged you without knowing the full story?


Louis Riel: Well, in life not everyone is going to like you, and if those people aren't going to listen to my story, I cant do anything about it.Honestly all i cared about was my people and making sure that they had freedom and the same rights that people who joined confederation would have.


Chongo: Oh, that is really interesting, during the years of your leadership, you ended up having a role in killing a man named Thomas Scott, do you think that if you hadn't been part of that, some Canadians would have a different opinion on you ?


Louis Riel: Well, I could sit here and say that i want to take that back, but just think about it, if i had taken that back, I wouldn't have gotten sent out of Canada, and maybe things wouldn't have turned out as they did, and the people who do think of me as a hero, they know the real me, and know how a man ended up dieing over it.


Chongo: Wow, that makes sense..


Louis Riel: Well, its my opinion on things.


Chongo: Oh, do you think that if the people who didn't like you knew your side to the story, their opinion on you would be different ?


Louis Riel: Well, i think that even if they did know the whole story, most people wouldn't change their minds because they probably did have their own idea of the story, and it probably wouldn't interest them to know that their way of thinking was wrong, so I don't think they would admit that they were wrong about me, so I don't think many people would change their minds about me.


Chongo: Oh, I understand, well thanks for being here and talking with me today.

Louis Riel: No problem.

0 comments: